Sunday, January 20, 2008

joyfully playing baby games

Claire will say one word over and over to hear herself practice the word. Or if she likes the sound or if she wants a reaction out of you. When i was practicing typing on the computer (I am trying to get passed 66 words a minute), she was saying momma, momma, momma over and over and so I would repeat her. If she said a different word I would repeat that word and then say two or three words that rhymed with it to play with her. She smiles. Kalel joined in the game. Then she had two people playing her word game. Loving it. Words we included : momma, me, you , we , too, baby, baba, doggie, daddy, etc. As I was sitting there playing with her, I heard this little voice inside my head say, "what would another mother be saying to their baby", I heard something like "sshhhh, I am trying to type and you are disturbing me" Why would someone say that? I dont know. But I am sure that somewhere in the world there is a mother NOT joyfully enjoying playing their baby's games. That person will never be me.


No comments: