Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Unbelievable/venting

Let me just vent here for a minute. We went to the public pool yesterday and I cannot believe the way some people treat their children. There was this woman with five kids there and one of her older girls had the baby (maybe two years old) in the pool. She was splashing the child in the side of the head with water and the child was obviously screaming because she wouldn't stop. The mother was standing right there at the side of the pool and was ignoring the child. The child had his arms in the air for the mother to come and get him and she was just standing there looking at him. How can someone just not respond to the cries of their child who needs them? I don't get it. The world is so cruel.

2 comments:

Erica said...

I know what you mean. You wouldn't believe the madness I saw at Borders this evening. A woman looking at books and only talking to her kids to voice her "disgust" with their "behavior". The youngest kept saying she was hungry and wanted dinner. I thought they left but I heard the poor girl again about 20 minutes later STILL saying she was hungry. I should have taken her a cookie from the coffee shop in there.

unschoolingsupermom said...

I probably would have given her the snacks I always keep in my bag when I go anywhere with my kids.