Thursday, September 10, 2009

09/09/09

I have been feeling quite a bit overwhelmed today. I was not feeling well and I had told Ky and Claire yesterday that I would take them out today. So, I needed to stay near home in case I needed to lay down and so I asked Claire if it would be all right to ride her scooter around the block. So we did that. And then I took out some bubbles and we played with them for a while in the driveway. Kyle and Claire then rolled around in the suds on the ground. It was a beautiful afternoon and how lucky we were to be outside instead of stuck in a building somewhere missing out on the day.

Kal had gone to the dollar store this morning on his bike and he was gone for awhile. As it turns out, they didnt have exactly what he was looking for, so he took his time deciding what else he should buy. He didnt want to waste a ride to the store by not getting anything. While he was gone, I started to question why he hadnt come back yet. I thought maybe someone had stopped him and questioned why he wasnt in school. Then, I realized I should give him a copy of our declaration of intent for his own wallet, just in case he needs to prove that he homeschools.

Kyle had a rough afternoon. He wanted to be left alone, but for some reason Kal just would not stay away from him. I explained to him that Kyle wanted privacy and that we needed to respect that. I dont know if he was bored or something but he wouldnt leave Ky alone and when I asked him to stop, he didnt for awhile. Not until I called his friend for him to find out if he could play. So, Kal left to bike to his friends place and stayed there until his mom brought him home around 8:30.

Claire changed her name to Dave for a little while today and then when Tori went to go see the movie Nine tonight (by herself), Claire said she wanted to see eight. That was pretty funny. Ky, Claire and I walked across to Freddies to buy some ice cream, whipped cream, magic shell and cheetos. Then we came home to eat sundaes. Sprinkles too, of course. I watched a little of So You Think You Can Dance.

Charles thinks he may get laid off in the next few weeks. It would suck but we could make it work. Like we always do. He is in school right now and so he would have more time for that and the kids. And I can pick up more hours at work. With Christmas coming and all, there will be toys and trees to put out on the floor.

I find myself thinking of things to blog about while I am driving and then when I am here later on , I can never remember everything I wanted to say. Hmm...I will have to figure out a solution for that. (It just occured to me that I can still type quite well and fast even though I havent been in a class since last May.) Nice.

No comments: