Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My day off yesterday was spent mostly making a birthday cake for my sister. We were supposed to celebrate her birthday last Friday but our whole house came down sick with stomach issues last week. I had put the cake and the two younger kids in the van to start over to my sisters to have our little party. Kalel decided that he wanted to go to his friends and play with them. He was riding his bike behind the van down our street and we were looking at each other thru the rearview mirror, when all of a sudden out of the blue, he flipped off of his bike and hit the ground and the bike went flying over his head. Scrapped up his elbow and knee pretty bad, and would later find out that he banged up his thigh too. Kal usually has a very high pain tolerance and when he was still screaming and crying a good ten or fifteen minutes after his fall, I figured better to be safe then sorry and we had better go to the ER. 3 hours later , no broken bones. Chris, mom and the kids came down here to eat cake, so we didnt have to go to their house after a major ordeal.
I got great news today. I am moving to the Christmas department at work next week, to start sorting thru freight to prepare for the holidays. I love it. I am so excited.

I want to order Sandra's book, but need to wait for more money. We just got Charles money from school but used most of it for his stuff he needed, repair for the van, food and Kal got an electric guitar. We also need springs for the trampoline among a bunch of other things, but they will need to wait. We are going to go visit a credit counselor next week. We plan on giving up our credit cards. They are hurting at this point more than helping.
Kalel was invited by People to People for a trip to Japan next summer. We talked about it and I dont think he wants to go and I dont really want to send him with strangers either. I would feel better if he were to go with Unschoolers.

I dont like working as much as I am. I know I will never get this time back again and the little ones need me more at home. I am going to work four days a week, instead of five and see if that helps. Tommorow is a day off for me and we will not have the van. I am going to take them on the bus to go on an adventure tomorrow. I just have to make sure I am plenty prepared.

1 comment:

hahamommy said...

wait on the book. ;) just sayin.