Wednesday, August 25, 2010

One Out of Four

Last Friday, I drove Kalel over to Seattle to catch a ride with Beth and Perry to their house. He has not been away from home since spending a week and a half at Diana's house in Corvallis back in April. He will probably be there for a couple of weeks. I trust that he will navigate his new surroundings well. He has a phone if he needs me and he wont call unless he needs something. That is just how he is.

My mother returned from Florida on Friday morning and Claire had been requesting a sleepover for a few days. Once she got her body back on west coast time, she let us know she was ready. So, Claire and Kyle got a sleepover last night with her.

So, that leaves me with Tori Time!! I got Tori all to myself for a whole 24 hours. Not that she wanted to spend that much time with me. We took BlackJack to the dog park and Tori got to play with all of the dogs that showed up. She left knowing each name and breed and age of the dogs that were there. We came home and had a bite to eat and then later on, we ran out to the store to pick up a few things together. Then she went into her room to go on her laptop. That left me all by myself. That hasnt happened in a long time. So, I watched two movies, cleaned the living room (it needed it badly), washed dishes and just relaxed. I also got to sleep in until almost 11 a.m this morning. That was a treat.

No comments: