Saturday, October 6, 2007
My new laptop
Right before I started classes at the beginning of the quarter, I had submitted my name into a program that gives refurbished laptops to only 100 students. I never thought that they would pick me, but THEY DID!!! Oh man, I got a call last Thursday telling me that I had been picked as one of the 100 people that are to receive a laptop. So, last Friday I went over to the college to pick it up. I am so excited. They saved me like 1200 dollars because not only is it wireless capable but they gave us Microsoft Office Pro 2007 with the whole shebang. All the programs I need for classes. FREE FREE FREE.. I love FREEEEEE!!!! Now, with me doing homework all the time at home (the house is already a wireless capable network), the kids can use the desktops or laptop and I can use the other. And they are learning so much thru my education. Victoria is thinking about making movies for youtube. And they are learning about different types of drives and how they can make more space for their programs. I can see them just soaking in the info I am telling them and they are as excited about computers as I am. Maybe one day we will write our own programs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment