Friday, July 18, 2008

HELP! I need a tech.

After many hours of troubleshooting, I have found out that I know just as much as any tech that works for Linksys, you can get disconnected quite a bit, my dns server dosent like the playroom internet explorer. I dont know what more to do. I have already updated drivers for the adapter and router. Pinged the router and servers (servers are failing sending packets), reset the ip address and dns servers in the playroom computer, tried the adapter on the laptop (it works). So basically, It took two days to figure out that one-the network is fine, two- I still get a dns error message when trying to access web pages on explorer, linksys is not used to dealing with people that have vista on all of their computers. All three techs asked me if i was running XP. If you know anything about dns errors or knows someone who can tell me if they know the solution to my problem please leave me a comment and how to contact. The computer that is down is our WOW computer and I have a few very upset kids who are missing their characters. They have been able to play alittle but not as much as usual. I am just about ready to reinstall my operating system with the adapter and all the drivers to see if that works to fix the error. That would take even less time than troubleshooting. AAhhhh!

No comments: