Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Soccer? No thanks...

We had soccer this morning at nine o'clock. We got ready a little early and Ky had wanted to get snacks for the whole team. Since this was the first practice, we had no idea how many kids to buy for yet. So we got a nine pack of goldfish and some caprisun. We got to the field around 8:30 am. This was alittle early yet. So, we ran over to the Parks and Rec office to pick up our swimming ticket booklets. (you get one for each kid with a scholorship) We ran into Kal's old volleyball coach and she immediatley knew who we were when I reminded her I was Kal's mom. So, we talked for a bit. The kids played with toys while I was online for the tickets. We went back over to the field at ten minutes to nine. We were the first ones there and found out that the practice would have fourteen kids. I explained to Ky that we didnt have enough for everyone. He was cool with it. I offered to pass the ball with him a bit and we did. He is good at soccer. He has a natural ability to pass and kick real well. When it comes to structured team sports, running, warm ups and boring standing inline waiting to kick a ball, not good. The kids started to warm up running and do some stretches. By this time, Ky was done passing with me and Claire had found a cute little five month old baby girl to play with. Ky was all about talking to the babies mom. When I asked if he wanted to try warmups he said no. I offered to go with him. He said no. He was done. He didnt like it there and wanted to leave. Since, Claire wanted to go play at the park, Ky was all for it. We took off his gear and walked to the playground. I was watching the others practice from the toys and saw how boring the team looked. I doubt it he will go back.

Ky sitting after his warm up. The cute little baby in pink was Claires friend.
Ky letting me know he wanted to play.
It was one of those sun shining thru the trees morning. How could I resist taking them to the park.
Baby Bear.
So happy to be free..


Taking a rest with Mom.


I did say I would blog about my new door. I think it gives the front of the house some character.
Outside looking in.
Inside looking out.



No comments: