Tuesday, August 5, 2008

ER again.

My kids love the ER. And the ER must love us because my family alone keeps them busy. Kyle was fixing Kal's bike with Charles when he got his finger caught in the chain while the chain was going. And tore his finger open down to the tissue layer. This is commonly known as a laceration. So I ran him over to the hospital where they took him right in ahead of everyone else, got him cleaned up and localized the finger. When the dr. started to stitch him, he could feel it. I dont know how, his finger was a balloon but he was screaming. And I couldnt make them stop because his finger was bad and it needed to be closed up and I kept my cool and my emotions and let him scream. And the drs and nurses were all so good with him and they were really nice. I rubbed his head and made sure that wrestling was on. He calmed down when the nurse and the med tec were talking wrestling with him. everyone that came in talked wrestling with him. They just knew how to calm him. They took xrays to make sure his finger wasnt broken and they showed him the digital images of his bones. It was so cool for him. I love our local hospital, they are fantastic. This couldve been a nightmare for him, but now he is sleeping sound and he was so calm when we left because he was happy that they let him see his bones. So, now i am exhausted and am going to bed. And i am really frustrated that my previous blog posts pics will not load. Ug..

1 comment:

Alex Polikowsky said...

Ouch Poor guy! Hope he feels better!